Erin Mckay is a California native and has been working in Beverly Hills for 10 years. After years of extensive training, she specializes in color, cutting, styling and and extensions. Erin believes that beauty beauty shines from within and you need to nourish your body inside as well as the surface.
1. Tell us about how you fell in love with Sisley-Paris?
I fell in love with sisley as soon as I tried it. My hair has never been shinier and my curls are big and bouncy but not frizzy.
2. Who has had a major influence on your life or career?
All of my mentors that I've had in this industry have hugely influenced my life. My current bosses Johnny Ramirez and Anh Co Tran are a constant inspiration to me and are always supportive and encouraging.
3. What beauty tip was passed onto you by a mentor, friend or family member when you were younger or just starting out in the industry that you still carry with you today?
Work with what you've got. Embrace your natural texture. I like to approach beauty and life with this mindset.
4. Similarly, can you share your favorite hair advice or tip?
Add more moisture to yours life. Drink more water, moisturize your skin and hydrate your hair.
5. Where do you find inspiration?
People and photos. I'm endlessly inspired by the people around me (one of the perks of working in a creative industry). Whenever I see something that inspires me I take a photo of it. I've got endless inspiration loged for future reference.
5. What are the three Sisley-Paris products you can’t live without?
6. If you could be in the room with anyone while they are getting their hair done who would it be?
7. What hair trends can we look forward to in the coming months?
Smooth textures and more bold, constructed shapes.
8. What is your favorite Hair Rituel Product and why?
The Revitalizing Fortifying Serum for the Scalp.. I have a dry scalp and this has completely changed my life.
9. What is a great hairstyle that can be created with one of the new products?
Air dried curls! I have curly hair and air dry 95% of the time. I apply the precious hair oil to my wet hair and my curls dry smooth and shiny.
10. Why are you excited about the launch of Hair Rituel?
I can't wait for people to learn about this line and try the products.
11. How does it feel to be a part the #HairRituelSquad?
Exciting! It feels so good to be representing a truly amazing product.
12. What is one of your favorite rituals and why?
One of my favorite hair rituals is morning coffee and meditation. I wake up hours before I have to be somewhere just so I can have time to myself to gater my thoughts and set intentions for my day.
What is the "Hair Rituel Squad"?
Prior to the launch of Hair Rituel by Sisley Paris, we selected a group of haircare experts to preview the coveted new line.
It was our hope that these trusted industry leaders would not only help to shape our vision for the new line, but that they would evaluate the products and inform us as to how they would plan to incorporate these products into their famed routines and daily practices.
Our goal was to begin to build a trusted community of talented experts who would have an ongoing relationship to the brand- an open line of communication through which to share their opinions, trial the products (on themselves and their clients) and provide us with their honest feedback.
Our new hand selected "Hair Rituel Squad" are the best and most notable names in the industry ranging from film and television, red carpet, editorial and salon stylists.