First experience in the industry was as a wig maker on Broadway in New York City, but for the past 10 years have been working in the television and film industry as a Hair stylist, just recently relocating to Los Angeles this past year. I've had the joy of collaborating and developing characters with producers, costume designers, talent, and other hair stylists on some great projects. Including GIRLS and Pitch Perfect 3 in recent years. Currently working on a new Amazon series, Too Old to Die Young, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn and starring Miles Teller.
1.How did you fall in love with Sisley-Paris?
I was introduced to the line while on a show. Fell in love with the smell and the results. Has been my go to skin care ever since.
2. Who has had a major influence on your life or career?
My family. For always supporting my ambition but also keeping me grounded and reminding me of the most things in life.
3. What beauty tip was passed onto you by a mentor, friend or family member when you were younger or just starting out in the industry that you still carry with you today?
My costume designer and mentor in my undergrad program at Clarke College always said to go to the hairstylist that wasn't too overdone. He always said they were so busy taking care of others that they had less time to fuss with themselves.
4. Similarly, can you share your favorite hair advice or tip?
Less is more. Build on what you already have. I'm all about understanding your hair, what works best with it, and minimizing your morning routine. Celebrate who you are. Embrace it.
5. Where do you find inspiration?
The streets of New York. I would constantly look for inspiration there. Whenever I travel I pay attention to the street style in that city. I love effortless beauty.
6. What are the three Sisley-Paris products you can’t live without?
Sisleyouth (for the long days) Floral toner (because it keeps my skin in check) 3-in-1 makeup remover (to speed up my night time routine)
7. If you could be in the room with anyone while they are getting their hair done who would it be?
Brigette Bardot.... that HAIR!!!!
8. What hair trends can we look forward to in the coming months?
Relaxed, more natural textured waves.
9. What is your favorite Hair Rituel Product and why?
Can I say everything? Haha. If I have to pick one (technically it's two) the volumizing shampoo and conditioner has been life changing. All of the volume with zero the effort. I let my hair air dry after washing and it's perfect.
10. What is a great hairstyle that can be created with one of the new products?
11. Why are you excited about Sisley’s newest launch?
I've been such a fan of their skincare for so long. They are such a trustworthy brand that has consistently put out a great product. I was excited for my haircare regimen to catch up to my skincare regimen.
12. How does it feel to be a part the #HairRituelSquad?
I feel honored and proud to show support for such a great product. And also excited to take this mainstream and introduce my clients to a new haircare line that I support.
13. What is one of your favorite rituals and why?
I wake up every morning expressing gratitude towards something and I go to bed every night with a new goal in mind.
What is the "Hair Rituel Squad"?
Prior to the launch of Hair Rituel by Sisley Paris, we selected a group of haircare experts to preview the coveted new line.
It was our hope that these trusted industry leaders would not only help to shape our vision for the new line, but that they would evaluate the products and inform us as to how they would plan to incorporate these products into their famed routines and daily practices.
Our goal was to begin to build a trusted community of talented experts who would have an ongoing relationship to the brand- an open line of communication through which to share their opinions, trial the products (on themselves and their clients) and provide us with their honest feedback.
Our new hand selected "Hair Rituel Squad" are the best and most notable names in the industry ranging from film and television, red carpet, editorial and salon stylists.